This website is operated by Brit & Barclay. We value our customers and respect your privacy. We collect information about you through our Website in an effort to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. We will retain this information in a client database. We promise to never share or sell this information.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will collect two types of information from you: information that specifically identifies you (“Personal Information”) and information that does not identify you as a person (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”)
We sometimes ask you for certain kinds of Personal Information to provide the services you request. This information includes:
- Shopping – We ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the Brit & Barclay email list, we may use your Personal Information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions.
- Email List – Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time. To be removed from our email list, please email us at email@example.com and include your name and the address in the message, or click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails we send you.
- Purchases – When you place an order, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. Brit & Barclay does not store credit card information.
- Customer Service – If you call Customer Service, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and if you choose to make a purchase, your credit card information. We use this information to assist you and to process your transaction.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may also use various analytical tools in connection with the Website to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Website. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the web site you visited immediately before coming to the Website. This information is collected anonymously, and none of this information is identified with you as an individual or contains any Personal Information.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Personal Information we collect for various purposes, including:
- Processing transactions upon your request
- Improving our Website, customer shopping experience and quality of service
- Sending communications to you about our products, services and promotions
- Enabling our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf
We go to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of Personal Information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail. Please note, however, that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card or other Personal Information.
All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of our Website, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of our Website.
You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive e-mails from us you may click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
ERRORS AND INACCURACIES
We always try to provide complete, accurate, up-to-date information on our website. Unfortunately, despite those efforts, human or technological errors may occur. This site may contain typographical mistakes, inaccuracies, or omissions, some of which may relate to pricing and availability, and some information may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including after an order has been submitted, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. In addition, you acknowledge that the particular technical specifications and settings of your computer and your monitor could affect the accuracy of the display and the colors and look of products shown on the Website. If you believe that a product offered by us is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it to us for a refund in unused condition.
Nothing on the Website constitutes a binding offer to sell products described on the Website or to make such products available in your area. We reserve the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order, or any portion thereof, in our sole discretion, even after your receipt of an order confirmation or after your credit card has been charged. The prices displayed on the Website are quoted in Canadian dollars and must be paid in Canadian dollars. In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price, we have the right to refuse or cancel orders placed for the product listed at the incorrect price, regardless of whether the order has been confirmed or your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, we will issue a credit to your credit card account.